Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Fastest stock jet ski?

20K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RaceNeked 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a jet ski and i'm looking for one that has the highest top speed for a stock jet ski. Does anyone know what the fastest stock jet ski is?

#2 ·
99' Ultra 150! I'm not sure about the other model years because the 99's were hitting 70 plus and the coast guard got on Kawasaki about the stock speed so it is possible other model years were slowed down a bit. For new ski's, look at the Ultra 260X or the Yamaha 1800 2 or 3 seater. The model number on both escapes me at the moment but it is something like the FZS or something like that?

#7 ·
My 99' Ultra has been clocked faster than 73 at it is stock. The Yamaha GP 1300's are very fast but I have raced them and beat them. With the Sea Don'ts, I have never raced one but I have heard that they too, are very quick. It's just that I will never own one because I love reliability and know how Sea Doo treats customers with problems.

#8 ·
None of the boats mentioned in this post will do over 70 mph except the sea zoo. The sea doo rxpx would smoke any stock gpr or ultra. Gps speed readings mean something. The speedometer on boats is highly unreliable. Both boats are fast but the rxpx would run away from them. I believe it hits 50 mph in like 2.5 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.