Oil Mix - PWC Forum: The best hang-out for Personal WaterCraft enthusiasts
http://www.pwcforum.com
 
Go Back   PWC Forum: The best hang-out for Personal WaterCraft enthusiasts > PWC General Discussion > General PWC & Jetski Discussion


» Sponsors





Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 11
Default Oil Mix

I have a 2000 GP1200R,& just installed a oil block.
What is the right oil mixture?
32:1(20oz to 5gal.)or 40:1(16oz to 5gal.)
cubanredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YamaDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,010
Default

I don't know for sure but I think 40:1 is the way to go. 32:1 seems too excessive
YamaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bear - Delaware
Posts: 811
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanredneck View Post
I have a 2000 GP1200R,& just installed a oil block.
What is the right oil mixture?
32:1(20oz to 5gal.)or 40:1(16oz to 5gal.)
Since you have already undone oil injection (????) not sure why, but until you know the mix is right I would go 40:1. It may be smoky since at an idle oil injection is about 100:1, then changes the ratio through out the power band. So by premixing the only time you are at the right ratio is at WOT. Which most two stroke engines are a 50:1 ratio.

Good luck with trying to balance it for all speeds without fouling plugs. You may want a gas mask for start up. They invented oil injection for a reason......
__________________
2006 RXT with RIVA STAGE THREE KIT 295 HP

2009 RXT-IS 255 HP

2008 GTX 215 HP



Land Rocket - 2003 Z06 Corvette, Chevy
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Since you have already undone oil injection (????) not sure why, but until you know the mix is right I would go 40:1. It may be smoky since at an idle oil injection is about 100:1, then changes the ratio through out the power band. So by premixing the only time you are at the right ratio is at WOT. Which most two stroke engines are a 50:1 ratio.

Good luck with trying to balance it for all speeds without fouling plugs. You may want a gas mask for start up. They invented oil injection for a reason......
Everyone that is familiar with this unit knows that one of the main problems is the oil lines come loose & many have blown their engines.
I've done my homework & talked to a few owners.
cubanredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bear - Delaware
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanredneck View Post
Everyone that is familiar with this unit knows that one of the main problems is the oil lines come loose & many have blown their engines.
I've done my homework & talked to a few owners.
So instead of replacing oil lines we go backwards in technology and emit more pollution??? Bummer Yamaha
__________________
2006 RXT with RIVA STAGE THREE KIT 295 HP

2009 RXT-IS 255 HP

2008 GTX 215 HP



Land Rocket - 2003 Z06 Corvette, Chevy
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 11
Default

Anyhow,back to my original question.
Would 40:1 be the right fuel/oil mix?
cubanredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ernest T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woods on the left past Mayberry
Posts: 2,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanredneck View Post
I have a 2000 GP1200R,& just installed a oil block.
What is the right oil mixture?
32:1(20oz to 5gal.)or 40:1(16oz to 5gal.)
Does that model have the powervalves?

I'm pretty sure that the recommended ratio for non-PV Yamahas is 50:1, and for the PV 800 and 1200s it is 32:1. I've seen this info someplace, but can't put my finger on it right now. You should be OK if you do not have the PVs to go 40:1 as a good starting point, then try 50:1 if all goes well.
__________________
2008 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser
2010 Hurricane Sundeck 2100
Ernest T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ernest T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woods on the left past Mayberry
Posts: 2,764
Default

OK I found the info on SBTs forum:

Post Pre-mix stock oil ratios

If you have removed your oil pump and gone pre-mix, these are the correct ratios you should be mixing to, after the first tank of break-in. These are the stock ratios the factory pumps put out at WOT:

32:1 = 4oz/gal
40:1 = 3.2oz/gal
50:1 = 2.5oz/gal

Sea-doo
40:1

Yamaha
All but 800 & 1200pv 50:1
800 & 1200pv 32:1

Kawasaki
50:1

Polaris
40:1

Tigershark
40:1
__________________
2008 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser
2010 Hurricane Sundeck 2100
Ernest T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YamaDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,010
Default

Your 2000 GP1200r is a powervalve motor so run 32:1 Now I know why my 98 GP1200 just barely sipped the oil. It ran at 50:1. Good info Ernest.
YamaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
OK I found the info on SBTs forum:

Post Pre-mix stock oil ratios

If you have removed your oil pump and gone pre-mix, these are the correct ratios you should be mixing to, after the first tank of break-in. These are the stock ratios the factory pumps put out at WOT:

32:1 = 4oz/gal
40:1 = 3.2oz/gal
50:1 = 2.5oz/gal

Sea-doo
40:1

Yamaha
All but 800 & 1200pv 50:1
800 & 1200pv 32:1

Kawasaki
50:1

Polaris
40:1

Tigershark
40:1
thanks for the great info
cubanredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0