1995 SP overheated
Good Morning; I am on vacation at the jersey shore and my 1995 SP overheated yesterday. It discolored the head and melted the end of one of the clear hoses that go to back to the pee holes.
I replaced the hose, and it starts right up and appears to run fine but, I can see water coming out alongside the base of one of the spark plugs.
I am afraid to run it fearing the gaskets are leaking on the head, and thats what may have caused it to overheat in the first place.
My question is what are the steps I should take to avoid any further damage? Obviously I am going to pull it out but should I flush it with freash water, and run it long enough to push out the seawater? Should I pull the head and put anything thru it?
I am pretty much a newbie at this, but I do have the resourses of my son who is an auto mechanic and will be helping me with the work.
Any advice would be appreciated.