First Time Purchase Research
I'm purchasing my first ski, have being doing my research on what to buy and have decided that a Yamaha is the direction to go.
I'll be using it for family cruising only, top speed is not an issue. I need something stable and that can pull the kids around on something.
Budget is going to see me buying something in the 2006-2010 used market.
I'd love it if someone can confirm/deny/comment on what I've found so far.
- I'm looking at a FX HO/SHO. As far as I can tell the only difference is the supercharger and top end speed. (Not an issue either way for me I think.)
- I should stick with an HO because the supercharger is just something else to go wrong.
- The only difference with a "cruiser" is the shape of the seat.
- Does the shape of the seat on the cruiser make much of a cruising comfort difference with a full load of people?
- Pre 2009 is 1000cc, 2009 and later is 1800cc.
- Will the 1800 make a difference for family cruising?
- Anything specific I should look for when checking out a used ski?
Thanks, appreciate the help!