I had the same problem on My 2002 Virage and it turned out to be the stator. Run a compression test on both cylinders. If they are within 10% of the specs, then run through the test procedure in the service manual for the stator. If both the compression test and procedure for the stator turn out to be fine, then replace the CDI box.
Other things that can be done.
1. Place fuel stabilizer in the tank
2. Check for fuel leaks between the tank and carb
3. Consider rebuilding the carb (filter might be clogged or the pulse diagram might be bad>
4. Check the impedance readings on the ignition coil
5. Check the ignition timing
Last edited by sirdave4; 07-25-2010 at 10:38 AM.