Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

My dad recently bought 2 2016 VX Cruisers with approx. 75 hours each on them. One starts fine no problems. The other says Lo voltage and tries to turn over but won’t start. My dad and I are not mechanically inclined so he took it in to the local marina to get fixed - they replaced the battery and said all is good. Immediately brought it back into the water and all started perfectly fine as the battery is now brand new and should be no issues - Voltage was between 12-14, we used the wave runner all day with no problems. Fast forward to the next day and the issue has returned - Lo voltage trying to turn over but no start.
Again, we are not mechanically inclined in any way but battery is brand new and something seems to be draining the battery over longer periods of time while not in use.

Thanks so much in advance for any help. Just trying to see if we can get an idea of what the issue could be before we take this thing back out of the water to someone else.

lcoletto

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have the same model and have experienced the same issue you mention but have not been able to find a real root cause. I have replaced the battery and now keep it on a battery tender. I also removed the negative wire from the battery to the engine block and wire brushed the end of it as well as the engine block to make sure there is a good clean connection and re installed. This seemed to make it better but have had the gremlin still pop up a few more times. I have also just ordered a new negative cable to try that. I notice that when I am out on the lake and it does not start, I remove the seat and adjust the negative wire it seems to work. Try a good cleaning of the wire and make sure it is tight. Also let me know if you found any other good information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts