Personal Water Craft Forum banner

00 gp760 Winterizing Question

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jrsargen 
#1 ·
Hey all - I am a first time waverunner owner and have a quick question regrading winterization of my machine. After reading the manual and a few online tips, I am confinent in performing the necessary steps. However, since it will be stored in an unheated garage in Michigan, I have read that I should be adding antifreeze to the system. My question is as follows:

What is the best way to introduce it to the system? Can I simply pour it through a funnel that is connected to the flushing line while the engine is running until I see the pink stuff come out?

#2 ·
It is debatable whether a Yamaha needs antifreeze at all. SeaDoo is a different story, but with the GP760 you can probably get the engine dry enough not to worry about it.

If you want to be extra sure, I think that most guys just use a funnel to put it in. It doesn't take much before you will see it coming out of the ski. I have seen more elaborate systems that guys have built, but I'd say that is overkill.

I think the most important key is to get as much water out of the engine as possible before you store it. Run it dry (off the hose) for 15-20 seconds blipping the throttle to force out the water. Wait an hour or 2 for the engine to cool and do it again. Repeat until no water is coming out. All that will be left inside are small droplets that won't cause any problem if they freeze. I'd do this even if I put in antifreeze. You want to leave as little moisture in the ski as possible, since any moisture can cause corrosion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.