Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 F12 non turbo will only rev to 4000 rpm max in the water. Out of the water its fine and revs normal but in the water no so much. Iv had it in the Honda shop and an independent shop and no one can fix it. Between the two shops they have had it for 7 months. They have checked the brain, compression , heads, exhaust, fuel and fuel sys, fuel regulator dash cluster, new wire harness ………when does it stop?
Could it be the bearings to the impeller shaft? What all could this possibly be? 2 shops and no answers!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Its got to be a tough one! So many possibilities. How are the plugs looking AFTER you run it in the water? Is their any of them off color from the rest? Good luck wish I could help more. If anyone has a PDF shop manual online please let me know. Would be helpful for all of us. I'm to cheap to buy one. ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got to be a tough one! So many possibilities. How are the plugs looking AFTER you run it in the water? Is their any of them off color from the rest? Good luck wish I could help more. If anyone has a PDF shop manual online please let me know. Would be helpful for all of us. I'm to cheap to buy one. ;-)
HI! YES THE 1 AND 4 PLUG ARE FOULED. THE SHOPS HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING IT SEEMS AND NO SOLUTION... IM READY TO BLOW THIS THING UP!!! ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Going to look more into this, I have seen this subject come up a few times with the 1 & 4 Cyc. misfire's and fouled plugs their has to be a answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any word on fixing this issue? I just ran into the same problem. It won't rev past about 3700 but runs solid (no misses or anything). Out of the water it will rev 6k or more and in the water in reverse is is 6k or more but if you leave the RPM up high when it's in reverse and then put it in forward, the machine bolts out of the water like it going to be fine and then when it starts moving forward the engine dies back down to 3700. I was thinking it might be speed sensor related? Maybe it giving a false signal to the ECU speed/rev limiter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still no idea!

this things been in two shops and no fix......we ahve replaced everything. new ecm,new coils,new plugs,new wire harnest, new fuel pump.......... damn it! its been down for 9 months now

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have you checked TCP Sensor? Looking to this being the cause of problems. Or one of the possible problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts