Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been helping my dad with his new jet ski, the 02 Polaris 700 cc 2-Stroke model called Freedom. It runs great, but we have a problem with the rubber boot that attaches the fuel tank to the sending unit. The boot is split. I have looked for a replacement part online, but they seem to not have the part listed. I don't know if it then comes with the sending unit, which is like $240. I figured this would be a $15 part at most. Is there another option to use a part from another boat for instance for this? Thanks,

Here is the diagram I'm referring to. 19 connects to 24 with this part, using 2 of the 16 clamps. It seems that someone had done something to it because one of the clamps was a screw-type and the other was permanent-type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
been there

I have had to replace many of these and its not that easy getting them in and out. then I got tired of spending the $ 200 so this last one I used the trusty duct tape so I will see how long it will last.. it just makes me mad when you have to spend $200 for a $20 gasket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts