Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? Im new to the ski fourms but i have some questions. I have a 03 gp1300r that has a cavatation problem. Seems to be common on these skis. everything in the jet pump looks good. I was reading on rivas website that the stock ride plate and intake grate are a big problem with that? Any thoughts on the riva ride plate and intake grate? also is it worth putting a pump seal kit on it also? Someone who has messed with one of these that could give me some advice would be awsome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
On some models of the GP1300, and I think it included the 03 there was a problem with corrosion, which leads to impeller/wear ring wear that can eventually cause cavitation. So I'd carefully check the impeller/wear ring. I think the best solution is a pump seal kit if there is no problem with the impeller/wear ring. A different intake grate may also help, and several manufacturers also make an anti-cavitation cone for that ski. You might want to try a shotgun approach, with a new intake grate, pump seal kit, anti-cavitation cone, etc..

You might want to look at the R&D performance kit: http://www.rd-performance.com/performanceKits/yamaha/gp1300r/performer.asp It has everything in one package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts