Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this '04 F Turbo and an '05 R Turbo and for the past few rides I've noticed the F has a kind of roughness or vibration at cruise - say 30mph on smooth water. Sounds like it's under the seat toward the rear - not been too noticeable but today several times I could hit the throttle and it almost felt like ...gear or clutch slip would if it had either - it wasn't cavitation and I don't think it's the engine skipping. The turbo still spins up and hits hard like always. Ski has about 90 well cared for hours on it (oil/CRC/Flush/grease fitting/etc.). I put plugs in it about a 5hrs ago ..for the heck of it so don't believe it could be that.

Can someone explain what wear parts could cause this roughness? Impeller bearing, pump? or ? I'm not that familiar with these yet as they have been trouble free thus far. At idel with water hose attached I feel vibration on both the R and F at idle - in fact my R is rougher in the driveway but it's silky smooth on water.

hmmmmmmmmmm, any ideas?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I figured out the problem. MACSBOOST CHIP. I removed it and noted the three separate leads had some corrosion on them and must have been causing an intermittent cut out condition. I put the wiring back stock and ... ran like a top. I have cleaned the leads and coated them with anti-corrosion grease and all is well. My engine compartment never gets wet, skis are stored in my garage but somehow, this happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.