Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here`s one for ya. I have a 2004 fx ho cruiser. It worked great until this season. The frist run this year it worked great. The next weekend it worked great for the frist day, then the over temp warning came on.got it back to shore put it on the trailer tried it with the hose the alarm would go off but the motor wasn`t hot. checked the thermostat. back flushed the intake lines. there lots of water comming out of pisser holes.then the problem got so sometimes the alarm would go off sometimes not. Took it to dealer he cleared the codes took for a drive worked great rechecked the computer everthing was good. when i put it back in the water at home the alarm went off again so if you shut off the machine and restart some time it would go for an hour or so before the alarm would go off sometimes it would only go a few feet.the last trip out it would go off every few feet.the next day the machinre wouldn`t start (tried to start every hour or so)so i left it in the yard about seven hours later it would start but as soon as you touched the throttle it would die, about 4 hours later it would start and run rev up perfect. Called the dealer back and he has no idea what the problem is.The dash does not show any codes when this happens.it only shows code 01 I pulled the engine and had all the temp senders removed and checked and they all checked out to what the repair maunal says.
If someone could give me and idea what to next I would be very happy thanks inadvance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2004 FX Cruiser HO

God I hope not there expensive. I replaced the temp sensor (the expensive one)and I`m in the process of stickin the motor back in I`ve got my fingers crossed that something was wrong with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts