Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 GP 1300R
I took it out was running great but once it warmed up a little it bogged out and cut off... it starts right up after a couple of minutes but loses power quickly.... any ideas on what to look at.... It doesnt seem to be overheating... No warning lights are on!!!! i took it home and it started right up and ran for about 3 mins flushing the system it seems to bog a lil when i give it gas?????

Pleeeeeeaaaase help...

-MIKE

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bog Down

was this the first time out this season, how old is the gas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but gas is good

Before winterized stable was added fuel should be good... I filled it with freash gas before going out... It sat during winter with Less then 1/4 tank and like I said had sta-bil in tank

·
Registered
47 Posts
bogging

lets look at the basics, are they new spark plugs and the proper gap for your ski, if not are they dirty, very dark/black residue around electrode? are there any mods done that you know of? Whats the 3 cyl compression #s, the ski will run sluggish but should not stall out. Is the ski still oil injection or premix....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plugs compression...

HEY DAVE...

Plugs were brand new i put them in a couple days before going out... compression is 110 in all 3 cyl. No mods done to the ski that i know of... I dont pre-mix... I noticed today that my RPM'S are not reading on the guage... What else should i look at?

STILL CLUELESS....

·
Registered
47 Posts
bogging

mike, forgot to mention any codes come up when you press the multi meter, 01 means your normal. Your ski is powervalved, make sure the PV motor is working and cycling correctly,don't know much about them,research it:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
power valve???

Hmmm ill have to look into that... Today i ran it on the hose has not cut off on me but when i gas it it tends to bog before trottling up... Im thinking injectors need to be adjusted/cleaned???? do you know how to do that??? Seems plugs are getting a little wet... not enough to kill it but enough to make reponce sluggish... i would like to do another water test to see how see how it reacts but seems everyone is busy to tow me back in... Do you think theres much of a diffrence running on water compared to a hose?

thanks mike....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
codes mutimeter????

what multi meter are you refering to? where the MPH, Fuel, (gauge cluster) if so nothing comes up but the normal stuff it reads 0 mph and 13.1 or so volts for battery... Is there a meter i can buy to plug in to give me codes... if so where can i buy one....

Thanks again mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
codes

in the owners man. you can see instructions, hold down volt/hour-mph/km/h select button for 8 secs while ski is on and water hose hooked up. There are are #s(ex.53 exchaust temp. warning).BUT PVs could very well be the problem, they are notorious for going bad ,falling in and hitting the piston ,not opening and closing fully etc..How many hrs you have on her,Mike?Has catcon been removed? Fuel injector cleaning has to be done by a professional.That means being removed from fuel rail and sent out.The stinger,airbox have to be removed and fuel rail loosened then injectors come right out,BUT I doubt thats the prob., its done more for maintence after 150-200 hrs.You could download service man. to get more info,BTW i see your from the ''fist pumping" state, where do you ride?:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dave...

I read the onwers manual front to back nothing in there on getting codes but ill try what you said holding it while running with water.... the ski has 100 hrs on im glad to hear its not the injectors... im going to look more into the PV thing and see what i come up with... You have been a great help thank you so much for your time... Yes i am from the Fist pumping state... :thumbsup: I just bought the ski so havnt really been out on it so far just the mullica river (basto) Im planing to take it everywhere if i ever figure this out... you know of any fun places or cool sights to see....

·
Registered
47 Posts
service manual

turned out to a great day to ride, but had to clean out the garage LOL!,You want to pm me your email address, i think i could send it to you, its the 03-07 manual,a must have, there it talks about the codes, i,m hoping i can send it PDF or you can buy a CD ROM for like $10-15, let me try it later.....BTW im in sandyhook/navesink/sheresbury/raritan rivers,i like the raritan/ navesink for the glass,sandyhook for the rough stuff......;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Dave,
No luck today... I ran the ski on the hose and pressed the hour/volt button for approx 8 sec. and the code 01 came up... still cant figure out the deal with this thing... its about to go to the dealer.... uggggghhhhhhh... theres $$$$$ down the drain....

·
Registered
47 Posts
pv

heres another

GP1300R bogs at midrange - Green Hulk Personal Watercraft Performance Forums

i've never owned a ski that had them, maybe someone will chime in who has had prob. but exp. with them.There's a way to check them if they cycle thru ,if there dirty(common) bad servo motor(very common) the cables.A little research may save you the dealer repair cost,why not give it a try.:)BTW alot of guys keep the open manually to keep the rpms up and running next to normal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts