Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Yamaha fx ho and was thinking about putting royal purple oil in it. Does anyone know what is the weight of the oil that I should be putting in it and has anyone put royal purple oil in theirs before. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Most guys recommend going with 10W 40 for synthetic oil. There are reports with the skis burning more oil when 10W 30 synthetic is used, but they all start to burn a little more oil as they age.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you would reccommend 10w 40 if I were to use the royal purple synthetic oil? And do you know what size filter I need?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
So you would reccommend 10w 40 if I were to use the royal purple synthetic oil? And do you know what size filter I need?
Yes 10w 40 synthetic.

The Yamaha filter is: 5GH-13440-00-00
I like the K&N filters, since the are easier to get off. The K&N filter is: KN 303

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most guys recommend going with 10W 40 for synthetic oil. There are reports with the skis burning more oil when 10W 30 synthetic is used, but they all start to burn a little more oil as they age.
Hello, My
Yes mine to, I will try with 10w40 tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts