Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a honda aquatrax f-12x with ten hours on it and when i first rode it i went about 66 mph, after that it will only go 58 mph and only upto 5600 rpms. any idea of what it could be?

·
Registered
285 Posts
just a idea check the linkage on the turbo? Does it feel like the turbo is kicking in when riding it? Might be some corrosion their? Or you have lost a vacume line somplace along the way not engaging the turbo. I take it no lights are comming on / warning lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2005 Turbo that wont go over 5600?

I just bought a honda aquatrax f-12x with ten hours on it and when i first rode it i went about 66 mph, after that it will only go 58 mph and only upto 5600 rpms. any idea of what it could be?
My 2005 would rev to 7100 for the last 4 years, this year it would not rev past 5600. I have a dealer horror story, but needless to say they finally replaced the a solenoid (they called it a boost control solenoid) and now it revs to 6200 but I have the turbo working for the first time in 3 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
These engines have a limiter in the computer for when they are cold, they run around 5500-5600 RPM until they have enough heat in the motor/oil, it could be some kind of malfunction in that. Just a thought. Mine runs right at 5500 until i get some heat in it, and say if you put it in the water, idle it out to the channel, then get on it and its not warmed up it just runs up to 5500 RPM and won't go higher than that until you let off the throttle once the temp is high enough. So say you just start it up and take off from the shore for 5 miles without letting off the throttle, you will only ever see it hit 5500, but say run it at 5500 for a minute or 2, then release and re open the throttle and it jumps right up to 6400ish RPMs and another 10mph. Sensor may be bad on yours or coroded and not letting the computer know that it is warmed up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts