Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this in sea-doo, no replies...will be looking at an '05 rxt to buy anything particular about this machine I should check? thanks for any help! 5k with trailer and 33 hrs sound good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
don't know much about that exact machine, but if I were looking to buy anything used I would want to know 1st. has it been run in salt water. 2nd. has the engine been modified. and 3rd how was it stored/winterized. 5k for low hours on a 4 stroke sounds a bit like too good a deal to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It does sound like a good deal. Will they allow you to test it out. If you can fun it for about 15 mins to see how the cooling system works. If it hasn't been flushed regularly it will over heat. if that happens the engine is shot. keep lookin. if it runs good, your golden.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo is the smart choice

Hey sounds like a good deal on paper, but there are some things to find out.

1. Find out if the thrust washers in the supercharger have been upgraded from ceramic to stainless steel. If they are original count on replacing them.

2. Check the engine compartment for heavy corrosion and how well it was maintained.

3. Where was it stored in the off season and was it winterized.

4. Look in the impeller housing for damage to the blades.

Next thing is to give it a thorough sea test. That is the most important step in looking at used skis. Just because the hours are low doesn't mean it is flawless. For instance a replacement battery is $129.00 most likely will need it. The Seadoo closed loop cooling system is the best for salt water usage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks outlaw..was hopeing youd respond before I went to look at it...I bought it before you replied...anyway, looks pretty sweeeeeet!...stored inside, washed and rinsed after every use..trailer looks like it never saw water...I guess with 34 hours, it really hasen't,,,the ceramics were not done but heard they start to go around 100 hrs-that sound right? should I do them anyway? impellar is perfect...he said steering cable is bad but I dont think so, it works, just a little stiff?? can it be lubed?? thanks again!! cant wait to ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
thanks outlaw..was hopeing youd respond before I went to look at it...I bought it before you replied...anyway, looks pretty sweeeeeet!...stored inside, washed and rinsed after every use..trailer looks like it never saw water...I guess with 34 hours, it really hasen't,,,the ceramics were not done but heard they start to go around 100 hrs-that sound right? should I do them anyway? impellar is perfect...he said steering cable is bad but I dont think so, it works, just a little stiff?? can it be lubed?? thanks again!! cant wait to ride!!

Congrats. I would get a bigger better trailer tho. That is a trailer is for a standup not a modern 4 stroke 3 seater. Plus with wheels that small I would not trust it on any kind of longer drives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts