Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Yamaha XLT 1200 with about 100 hours on her... I purchased last year from someone who told me that it had been dealer serviced everytime since 2005. Immediately during the 1st ride out last year the machine bogged down after riding for awhile. I ended up draining the fuel filter and tried to tap out any BS (since I was nowhere near a new one) and it seemed to allow me a few more hours of fun. Anyhow the bogg issue got worse, I could initally pull the choke up slightly and that would help..but as the season went on...no such luck with that technique.

Anyhow, I just added new oil and fresh gas this year, changed the spark plugs...lubed everything. I took her out last week and she ran good..NOT GREAT...but good. Towards the end of the ride (about 2 hrs) she began the boggdown blues again..and after I finally got her out of the water and on the trailer she didnt start again.

This week, I tapped out the fuel filter, added some gas dry stuff, and she started right up. I took her to the river around here, and she ran ok..for a short while 20mins then the boggs problem... I got back to the dock, tapped on (didnt remove) the fuel filter, then took her back out, working the choke and cranking the gas...till then she ran like a bat out of hell for about an hour. Im thinking either there is some crap in the gas or carb. that gets freed up everyonce and awhile ...and thats why she runs CRAZY FAST at times. I know I should replace the fuel filter...but....could that be it only?

Even when she seemed to be running great the other day, at Zero to 15mph, there was a seriously noticable loss of horsepower. After exceeding that speed, (only when she was in the running good mood), she seemed like a new machine with plenty of pull/horses.

Simple suggestions? If I need to perform serious work such as a Carb. Rebuild (I am technical and not afraid), how much time does it usually take, and $$$?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any help?

Any help please? Ive read many posts and info. online...but none really spell out how long it takes to work on the card, what parts need to be purchased, and if there is a quick way to see if thats it.

Your help is greatly appreciated...especially with the 90 deg. weather coming up!

Thanks!

Kev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts