Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 that I just bought and it seems to run ok but at higher speeds it derates its self. That is my best decription. I would be driving along and I lose power and you here a flutter. It do not die completely. I release the throttle and it goes away and drives normal. The unit has 56 hrs on it.

I am new to the pwc sport and new to this forum.

I would appreciate any ideas!

Bryan

·
Registered
285 Posts
More info is you can. Tell me if its turbo charged? What RPM's its cutting out at. So many possible causes. Plugs? Waste gate solenoid. Blocked air cleaner? The more info the better if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response!

It is Turbo and it seems to happen at different speeds 35mph-60mph.

I haven't tried anything yet, but after reading some other treads on this sight I will try plugs first and check air cleaner and trubo/wastegate.

I will keep you posted on what I try and see. Hopefully we can figure this out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still cutting out!

glockman22,
I am just now getting around to tying to fix my problem. I check the waste gate, it moves freely. I pulled the plugs, they are all the same a nice brownish color. I was about to check boost pressure, what is the spec, do you know?

I didn't use 91 oct gas. I just filled it with 87 oct when I got it. A tag on the engine says that 87 is the lowest. Do you think that would make that idea. I saw in your last post that you mentioned waste gate solinoid. I was wondering about that two. Are these a known problem?

I am thinking it has something to do with the turbo system because when I drive easy it drives ok unless I get close to top speed. When I drive it hard it acts up right away. I beleive it is something to do with the turbo system. As I said I need to get the spec for boost and make sure it is consistent.

You help is appreciated!!!!

Bryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IR junk Plugs

Just want to let you know I have my 06 turbo unit up and running great!

I am located in eastern canada and could not buy the original NGK plugs anywhere. I called Advanced Autoparts and they had no stock. I asked for a cross to another brand and he gave me an Autolite # 4302 which he didn't have stock either. I check with Autoway parts in Toronto and they had stock. The plugs where $2.99 each, a lot cheaper than $47 for NGK. Plugs cost me $20 to my door and the unit runs great! I am happy!

Thank for you input

Bryan

·
Registered
236 Posts
I doubt that you'll be happy with the copper plugs instead of the irridium on a turbo engine, but maybe you are the lucky one. The IR plugs are only 11 at Advanced and will last a lot longer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cooper plugs are BAD! They have been known to break and this is not good in engine! Have seen this happen! PLEASE rethink this one quickly! If this plug fails you will not be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts