Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW TO PWC.

I've been looking at the FX and VX models and have narrowed my search down to a couple at this point. I'm schedule to go look at a couple this weekend and i'm a bit torn. I really like the FX model however the VX is new w/ lower hrs. They're roughly the same price at about $5K. The ski's appear to be in basically the same condition - well kept, covered, records for maintenance, etc. It's the years / hrs that concern me. Can someone help me weigh the pros and cons of these two models, years, hrs? And/ or other items to take into consideration?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yamadoo! My thoughts exactly. I was just a bit concerned about the fx hours at 95. what is the typically life expectancy for a yahama four stroke (assuming it's properly maintained)? I've read in other threads as little as 500 hrs and high as 1000 hrs so a bit confused. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ernest T!

This is great info! I'll be sure to check out the maintenance records. Also, appreciate the additional insight re: performance and handling. We plan to take the boys tubing a fair amount so being more stable is a definite plus. Also, know my wife will appreciate the feedback as well since she plans to ride a lot and doesn't care for the splashing and feeling 'unstable'.

Thanks Again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts