Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a couple questions regarding my 08 vx deluxe waverunner. First i have been looking on the internet for an oil filter, i was going to us a K&N filter but i noticed there are two, the 303 and 204, i have read that the 303 is the one i need but when i got the yamaha oem part number for the oil filter and cross referenced it the 204 is the one that matched. So has anyone used K&N oil filter, if so which one did you use or which one will work? Second i was going to use yamalube 20-40 but cant seem to find it, can get the 10w-40 but not the 20. Will it make much of a difference if i just use the 10w-40? thanks, any ideas welcome

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i have a couple questions regarding my 08 vx deluxe waverunner. First i have been looking on the internet for an oil filter, i was going to us a K&N filter but i noticed there are two, the 303 and 204, i have read that the 303 is the one i need but when i got the yamaha oem part number for the oil filter and cross referenced it the 204 is the one that matched. So has anyone used K&N oil filter, if so which one did you use or which one will work? Second i was going to use yamalube 20-40 but cant seem to find it, can get the 10w-40 but not the 20. Will it make much of a difference if i just use the 10w-40? thanks, any ideas welcome
I know that Yamaha changed the filters on the 08 FX models, and I suspect they may have on the VX as well. I think that the 204 is the correct K&N replacement for the 08, and I think the 303 is the filter for older model VXs.

I use 10w-40 in my FX and suspect that it would work just fine in the VX. 20w-40 is a slightly more warm temperature oil, and the 10w-40 would actually give you better coverage for all climate conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts