Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting my 2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe out and ready to go for the year and was wondering if there is a site on the internet to buy an oil filter for it. Also is there a special tool to get the filter off. Took it in to the dealer to get the oil changed last year which was close to $200 so i thought i should be able to do it on my own with the right tools. Also is there any other things that a guy needs to check before taking it out?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Getting my 2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe out and ready to go for the year and was wondering if there is a site on the internet to buy an oil filter for it. Also is there a special tool to get the filter off. Took it in to the dealer to get the oil changed last year which was close to $200 so i thought i should be able to do it on my own with the right tools. Also is there any other things that a guy needs to check before taking it out?
Check out this link: Tips for those winterizing soon (yamaha) - PWCToday Scroll to the bottom for summerizing tips.

I recommend the K&N oil filters. I buy mine from Amazon along with the spark plugs (free shipping). The K&N filters have a lug at the bottom, which makes it much easier to get off if it is on there too tight and they are better quality (and cheaper) than the Yamaha. If your filter was installed properly at the dealership you should be able to get it off by hand. You will need a vacuum pump to get the oil out, but it is easy to do yourself. I use Amsoil marine 4-stroke oil.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts