Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am wondering on how to correctly adjust the throttle free play on my FZS? As the free play is about 7-8mm and the book says has to be between 2-5mm if is out take to yamaha dealer?? Should I take to dealer or adjust the throttle free play myself?

Thanks, warnzie

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Pretty easy to do yourself. Like adjusting the brakes on your bike:

Follow steps d through h. You don't need to mess with the connection on the other end, since we are only talking about a couple of mm.

Note: this is from the FX HO manual and so the amount of free play etc. may be different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All done. I have only got about 3mm play now instead of 7mm! feels alot better. Hey Ernest how much play do you have the the handle bar adjustment? as I had to screw it out a good 8mm or so to get the 3mm play? how much more play have I got in that screw?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
All done. I have only got about 3mm play now instead of 7mm! feels alot better. Hey Ernest how much play do you have the the handle bar adjustment? as I had to screw it out a good 8mm or so to get the 3mm play? how much more play have I got in that screw?
Not much left, because its not that long. You may have to adjust the other end as the cable stretches. I'm allowed more play on my FX HO than on the FZ. I'd guess yours just wasn't set up properly at the factory when they installed the cable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
All good Ernest! So for future adjustments I am goin to have to adjust the throttle connection in the engine? This must be similar to the manual notes you gave me... well I have tried looking for the end of the cable and I cant find it ha!

BTW how often do you have to adjust it? like is it a once a year thing or less???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts