Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
It will run but not as well. High octane fuel is designed to burn cooler so that modified engines don't run as hot and detonate. Without the Mods it is a waste and in turn will not run as well as pump gas.

·
Registered
236 Posts
In hot weather with hot water going through the undersized factory intercooler, there have been many who love the performance they get from racegas.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Race gas will work great in the F12x but won't see much performance gain if any in the F12, will only add expense, I have found their is more carbon in a engine that is using the higher octane when not needed. I run 110LL av gas in my F12x and their is a great increase in the performance but this is a turbo charged ski and the factory inner cooler sucks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
The 100LL/110LL is hard on plugs due to all of the lead in it, we have problems with lead fouling of our aircraft engines during runup with excessive magneto drop before takeoff. It does run well in our engines and I love the smell of it [like perfume].
The 100LL is terrific for filling your tank up with it before winter layup. It contains no ethanol and has extreme amounts of stabilizers in it required by the FAA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts