Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a '98 1100 zxi and got to ride it for the first time today. It didn't seem to want to get over 6200-6500 RPM, is this normal? I thought it was going to be a little faster than what it is. I don't know how fast I was going b/c the speedometer wasn't working today for some reason. I'm guessing 45-50 mph. It also seems a little slugish off the line. Once it planes it takes off pretty well. I've checked compression, and it was 105-110 on all three cylinders. It is lower than everyones norm of 120 but it is above Kawasaki manual of minimum of 95psi, so I guess it is ok. Some people have reported similar problems and said they cut the end off their spark plug wire to get to a newer piece of the wire, how do you do that? Do you have to open the electronics box?

One other thing, it seems to porpoise quite easy, is there a way to fix that? Rideplate perhaps? How many MPH would an aftermarket head give me?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
im having almost the same problem only thing is its just the speedometer isnt working. how do i go fixing it? what might be broken and where can i find a replacement?
my tac works just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts