Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hoping i wouldnt come to this but i got kind of a big problem... i have a 96 1100 zxi and under any load above 4000 rpm it goes nowhere. It feels like the engine is freewheeling but the driveshaft is spinning. under 4000 rpm it seems fine. i rebuilt the jet pump recently and when i put everything back together i had this problem. everything is back where it came from. i am an automotive technician so i figured his shouldnt be a big deal for me. any little tid bit would be nice. thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
two options

one you may have a poblem in the carbs: this involve hi speed setting is incorrect in one of the carbs look for spark pli\ugs color this will help u find witch one. fuel get a new filter and siphon old fuel and get new one. if you are using premix run 40.1 if using oil injection check for cloged lines.

second. (happened to mi 96 1100zxi) remove the head if you find one burned cilinder you are running lean and again carb problem, not only replace the piston and rings make sure you rebuild the carb involved....

mine was running but toping at 5000rpm and maybe 36mph......i found carb was running lean due to alame arrestor bolt that was loose and air was leaking, my middle cilinder was detonating melting the piston...this is a time bomb that can fry an engine in 30 minutes,,

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts