Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's

I just picked up a 2000 waverunner 1200R. The waverunner was running beautifully for the month until this weekend. I was hearing some clanking sounds and throttled down. Since then she doesn't start and it just doesn't sound right when cranking over. A place over hear pulled the head and told me the crankshaft was blown.
I couldn't see spending 2 grand a a remanufactured engine so he pointed me to a person that would give me a good price on rebuilding the engine.

The head is off and when I crank the engine the pistons move up and down and it does feel solid.

Any ideas?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all three off?
I think it could still be shot. Or atleast a bearing.
It just too smooth when I turn her over to be a bearing. I was hoping to find somebody in my area that cpould verify that before I bring it in for repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
depending on your mechanical skills pull out the motor split the case ( assuming its like a sled) and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same thing jus happened to me today bro but the pistons wont move so idk...
im stayin tuned man. i am takin it to get checked out tommorow so I will let you know what i found and maybe that can help you!
-Ryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same thing jus happened to me today bro but the pistons wont move so idk...
im stayin tuned man. i am takin it to get checked out tommorow so I will let you know what i found and maybe that can help you!
-Ryan
The bearings went and also took out the cam. I had to repace the cam to two piston rods.

Good luck with her man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I luckily found a guy that works for yamaha that does work on the side. It cost be about $800.00.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1st off 2 strokes do not have cams????
the 1200r motors have problems with the power valve pins coming out and getting inside bouncing around the motor, that could be the problem and iv seen a few with the oil lines had come off and burnt up a piston. find a good tech and had it checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1st off 2 strokes do not have cams????
the 1200r motors have problems with the power valve pins coming out and getting inside bouncing around the motor, that could be the problem and iv seen a few with the oil lines had come off and burnt up a piston. find a good tech and had it checked.
What I meant to say was the crankshaft. When we opened the head, there was at least a 1/4 in of play on the connecting rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts