Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help. I am surprising my husband with a seadoo for his 50th birthday . I have decided on the gtx but am uncertain about which hp to choose. He is a power guy, however, we have a 35mph speed limit on our lake(not to say he would ever go faster.....) Will the 155 be enough to satisfy or will he prefer the punch of the 215. Are there any differences in stability or noise?
thx

·
Registered
811 Posts
help. I am surprising my husband with a seadoo for his 50th birthday . I have decided on the gtx but am uncertain about which hp to choose. He is a power guy, however, we have a 35mph speed limit on our lake(not to say he would ever go faster.....) Will the 155 be enough to satisfy or will he prefer the punch of the 215. Are there any differences in stability or noise?
thx
Ok, I will put it like this, we have a 55-65 mph speed limit on our highways, Both my Z06 Corvette and a 4 cylinder Honda will do that, but my Z06 Corvette will give me a rush that the Honda can only dream of, you can't put a price on the " feel good" factor. Sure he will like the 155, but he will love the 215 GTX. It is the satisfaction of knowing you have a kick ass ski vs a ho hum everyday ski. The acceleration rush and knowing you have more when you can use it. He will like your gift of a 155, but he will be your slave for a 215. I know I would, if he likes go fast stuff the way I do get the 215 GTX. As far as noise minimal difference. Stability is the same at the same speed. As far as fun , big difference. Look at my ensemble. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By the way I will be 54 years old 6/24/11 if you are still giving out gifts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks outlaw. My gut was telling me that too but I needed to hear it from a guy. Like you, my husband loves his fast cars. He has a GMC SUV for winter but also an M6. He just got his M6 out the other day and has been a happy camper!

He's a June birthday too. Sorry, the budget will only allow the purchase of one Sea doo this year!!!

Thanks again. You've really helped!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts