Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a semi basket case kawasaki jetski. First I believe it is a 650 but does anybody know how I can tell for sure? I thought I had read on here a while back something about the amount of bolts on the head. I do have 16 bolts on the head so I thought I remember reading it was a 650 or 700 can't remember exactly and can't find the thread now.
Second question, I hooked the hose up and tried to start it after getting the carb and intake mounted up. It would crank but doesn't sound like it's sparking. So I pulled the plugs and there is water on them. Is there any easy answer for this or is it probably going to be a top end job?

Thanks for any help,

Eryc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an 87 Kawasaki. That is all I know from the water certificate so trying to get more information. It is a stand up ski.
and yes, the hose was on. I'm new to jetski's but I wouldn't think the plugs should be wet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your not supposed to run water into until after you have running. The water your finding could be it flowing into the cylinder. I'm told you can not only really mess your engine up by doing that, but it can hydro lock. Try to get all the water out of places its not supposed to be, add some fuel dryer just in case, new plugs, and try it again without water until it's running

·
Registered
3 Posts
go to the Kawasaki website and enter the vin for the ski. that should give you all the specific details for that model. as far as the water in the cylinders...pull the plugs and turn it over until no more water comes out...don't put your face over the cylinder holes since water will shoot 15 or 20 feet in the air and don't crank it to the point of overheating the starter. after that, use WD40 to disipate any remaining moisture in the cylinders. Good idea to run a compression check after you get it running and/or take a buddy with another machine to the lake with a tow rope. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts