Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 js550 full mod.. bigger sbt pistons, full westcoast pipe, west coast exhaust manifold, marnier waterbox, light weight flywheel, pjs dual cooling head, ocean pro nosel, solas impeller, bn44... im having overheating issues.. i have blown all the cooling lines out with the compressor, the impeller seems to be tight to the wear ring.. i have water shooting out the pisser but i have no water running through my exhaust.. all i can think of is maybe the head is clogged... any idea's.. summer is almost over i need to get this thing going..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd agrre that you've got a clog somewhere.

have you popped the dishcarge hose off your head to see if you've got water coming out there?

I had a dirt-dobber take up residence in mine one time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it in the head its self? because the line is fine.. i pulled the line off last weekend and i had nothing comming out of it.. i guess ill try peeling the head off and take a look..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright.. i cant blow through the whole system fine.. i can blow on the nipples comming off the head and can hear the air going throughout the system.. could it be my pump is messed up.. i check the clearance between the wear ring and the impeller and it looks like you could barley get a piece of paper between them.. Is there anyway the pipe is messed up.. i really am lost..

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's possible that the waterjacket in the exhaust pipe is plugged. I found that once on an sx650 where the guy ran it up onto a sand bank in the river. He plugged up the dual wall section of the pipe and water couldn't flow.

I had a hard time finding that one.

I doubt that it's the pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts