Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a non running wavejammer, it had no spark and original coil was missing. I have relaced coil and pulser coil with new because it tested bad. Charge coil tests ok. Is there any way to test the CDI with a multimeter? I really want to get this thing going but I don't want to spend another $350 bucks without being sure. This is my first PWC but I have worked on older boats, atv's, cars, RV's, appliances.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you getting voltage to the coil? Mine had a similar problem, had voltage to the coil but no spark even though it cranked good. Turned out to be a faulty kill switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you getting voltage to the coil? Mine had a similar problem, had voltage to the coil but no spark even though it cranked good. Turned out to be a faulty kill switch.
There is novoltage to the coil during cranking and I disconnected kill switch during the test for spark. I have a manual but the only test for the CDI in the manual uses a special tester that I don't have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
cdi bench test

did anyone ever know how to test the cdi unit have mine out and was searching for a way of testing it to ensure that it is the problem working on a 1998 yamaha gp1200w thanks Billy ph 910-206-2468

1 - 4 of 4 Posts