Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1989 yamaha wave runner 500, the person I bought it from said it had no spark I unhooked the safty stop and it fired up and died right away a couple times and nowthere is no spark again, I only know a little about waverunners. I have oppened the water proof box that contains the ingition coil and the CDI box, I have ohmed the wires out to the ignition coil I have 1 ohm to the primary and 5k between the plug wires, I have also checked the charge coil between the brown and white with black stripe wire I have 92ohms, and the pulser coil between the white with red stripe and black wire I have 98ohms, does this sound right and what else can I do to trouble shoot this problem? does any body know what the resistance is supposed to be for the charge, pulser, lightning, and ignition coil. and what collor are the wires I need to check? was I right??? please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fax number for no spark

hello, pete sorry it took so long to get you my fax but here it is thanks for the help I hope I can figure out a solution 317 271 0345

1 - 3 of 3 Posts