Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the ski out today for the second time and it ran flawlessly for a couple of hours. Then we took a break and my brother and I pulled it up onto the beach (I shut it down about 20 feet from shore, in 4 feet of water). After it sat for a couple of hours I pushed it back out into about 3 feet of water, started it up, rode for about 20 seconds, and then it went into limp mode. We looked inside the intake grate and its clear, then I unbolted the ride plate, it had some sand in it, we cleaned it out, and reinstalled it. I went out for a ride again but its doing the same thing. Is there some sort of screen or filter on the cooling water pickup that I need to clean out? Would it clear anything out by using the flush kit attached to the head? It is definitely getting way too hot so I don't think its just a "false alarm". I am having no luck with this thing so far. Please help!

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I seem to have got it. The hose is #19 in the attached picture was packed solid with sand:

That same hose also had a pin hole in it were it was chafed and worn through. I popped the rest of the hoses off of the engine and blew some water through them then I cut out the damaged part and install a brass union until the part comes in. I rode it for about an hour this afternoon with no further problems.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts