Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2 1990 Sea Doo's from Ohio. They weren't in water but both started with full power. Drove them home to Michigan, put them in the water and no power what so ever on the GT. Had my mechanic friend that owns a specialty shop on starters, alternators and batteries check it out. There is power coming from the solenoid and it clicks but no start. Battery is new from previous owner and charger says it is charged. Previous owner said the starter was replaced a year ago and plugs look new. Question: The amps in the solenoid are 2 different sizes. Is that normal? The boat tech told me they should both show 12 volts going to the ignition switch. Can't believe it would be anything major. Any suggestions! I'm a new PWC owner and just learning. Got the other doo purring just from changing the gas with new and cleaning the plugs. What gives on the GT?

·
Registered
22 Posts
you said they both started before you put them in the water?

Have they been sitting a while? I am unsure about the amp size issue, but if they have been sitting a while a new set of plugs never hurts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check your fuses. Also have your friend do a load test on the battery. I don't understand the "Question: The amps in the solenoid are 2 different sizes. Is that normal?". There should be a yellow/ red wire that goes from the mpem to the starter solenoid. Should have twelve VDC on that wire when pushing the start button with the lanyard on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts