Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as the title says, my js 550 is idling high out of water. and also at full throttle, the rpm's "surge" or go up and down. as if it is going to bog out and then it come back to life. it will keep doing that as long as i have the throttle pegged.

the ski has new crank seals along with all other seals in the motor and a top end. this leaves me to believe that it is a carb issue. should i try the "fishing weight line re stricter" mod? sounds to me like its not holding enough fuel in the carb. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did that the other day and got it running really nice with the garden hose hooked up. But I haven't been able to get it into a pond and see how it runs in the water with a load on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ad remember, you need a slightly high idle out of the water.
okay, thanks! last year for the whole summer the only way to get it to idle in water was to have the idle skyrocket out of water. but all my mixture screws were off about a half turn either screw in different directions so i guess im kinda on hold until the water warms up in the river and i can actually go out and ride with some buddys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts