Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last labor day, my ski was running like a champ all day. Towards the end of the last day I hopped on it and it started, then after a few moments it slowed and died. After that it only clicks like it is trying to start but doesn't do anything. I've pulled the starter and it seams to be working fine. I saw somewhere that I should pull the plugs and try to rotate the shaft manually. I tried this and I can't get it to turn. What is the best way to diagnose what is seized up?

Thanks!
Carl Don

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey carl more than likely you locked up motor. More than likely you are looking at new pistons and at least honing the cylinders. Is your ski 2 stroke if so, you may have a bad injector pump for your oil. I fit is premix maybe the mixture was off. But by the sounds of the way it died off it is piston lock. good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would pull the engine and rotate by hand if possible before blaming the engine. Your pump housing bearings could of froze up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was trying to think of anything else that could be the problem before the engine because it was running perfect all day long. I'll check both issues soon and let you know what comes of it. Let me know if you come up with anything else to check on. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts