Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just picked up one of these just yesterday brought it home to do some work on it because the person i bought it from said that it runs fine with the hose kit but wont run in water so i took off the top of the head and resealed that to see if it was sucking air while in water and i will see what that does when it gets into the water

wondering what people think of these models and what i can do to make it a little faster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright Thanks i will check that out two but from the outside of the motor it doesnt look that old or abused and with the hose kit it runs fine forcing water in but setting it in the water it doesnt run so could that mean that there is a bad pump that is not sucking the water in?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If the engine will run on the hose (no load system), but not in the water (under load), it usually means a kaput cylinder. I'll be totally surprised if you don't find low compression in 1 or both cylinders (I'm guessing the normal value should be around 140-150 psi and both cylinders should be within 5 psi).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts