Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a 1992 kawasaki 750ss that needs a rebuild obviously it must have developed and air leak of some kind causing it to go the cylinder looks to be good so other than neccesary top end gaskets pistons and outer crank seals is there anything else that i should replace?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well for 750 dollars im not sure its worth it for a jet ski this old is there a reason why the old motor cant be rebuilt im assuming it went because of a crank seal leak or air leak? just not looking to spend too much money wanted a cheap project.

·
Registered
1 Posts
last fall i got a 92 kawasaki 750ss for seven hundred on a trailer took it out once found out something was wrong... let it sit all winter started pulling it apart this spring and found it has zero compression in front cylinder and 80 on rear... decided to do a full rebuild. Had cylinders bored for just under 100$ .75mm oversized, got a top end rebuild kit from W&M performance for 200$ included pistons wrist pins all seals and gaskets replaced the reeds for 80$ rebuilt the carb for another 50$ put an oil block off plate on it for 15$. Basically a completely new engine for about 450$ with more power than the stock 750. I was lucky enough to have a good crank with not problems in the connecting rods. You can do it yourself for cheap if you know what you need and how to figure it out. I had zero experience with jet ski's before this project.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just make sure you replace all the gaskets . I picked a blown 1992 ts 650 that was missing the critical lower carb intake gasket.Also take apart your rubber exhaust boots on the exhaust manifold at this age you might find a ripped inner boot or broken spring.This could potentially get water into your freshly rebuilt engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts