Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J:confused:ust acquired a 1993 sl750 with very low hours. It was my neighbors machine and he only used it 3 or 4 times a year. When he tried to start it up this time it was not working right so he gave it to me.

As soon s I start it (Using a garden house) it immediately jumps up to about 3/4 throttle and there is exhaust leaking into the engine compartment somehow. I have loosened the throttle cable to make sure it was not to tight. So far I have only run it for about 5-10 seconds at a time between trying different things and am afraid of blowing the engine. I cannot tell where the exhaust is coming from because I have not let it run long enough to trace it down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any hoses that could have gone bad to cause the air leak or am I looking at a bad gasket somewhere? Is there any easy way to track it down?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave Witschger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have located and repaired the exhaust leak. But cannot find an air leak anywhere. I sprayed carb cleaner around the engine and hoses but get no change in rpm's. Could a bad reed be causing the excessive RPM's at idle??

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solved today

Hi,
I solved the problem this afternoon. I was going through the service manual and discovered that the output from the fuel pump going to the carb rail was installed on the output side of the rail instead of the input side. I reversed the two lines on the rails and it solved the problem.

Thanks for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts