Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and to jet ski's so be kind. :D

I recently purchased a 93 spx. Trying to get it ready for the spring. I have not gotten it in the water but it cranks right up and ideals great. I really have no knowledge of maintenance that needs to be done. It was not ridden last year, I have already drained and replaced the gas and oil, changed plugs, new battery, what else if any needs to be done.

I also noticed around the intake were it meets the motor a small gas leak. I don't have a manual but I assume there should be a gasket there which I can see no trace of. Its not a major leak but do I need to know anything before pulling it off and fixing it?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need an intake gasket! fairly easy to change, take about 30 minutes. I would do this before you run this in the water! Is it all OEM/original intake? If so, the easiest place to get a gasket would be eBay or your local Yamaha dealer. PM me the year model and make and I can see about an owners manual or service manual for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You need an intake gasket! fairly easy to change, take about 30 minutes. I would do this before you run this in the water! Is it all OEM/original intake? If so, the easiest place to get a gasket would be eBay or your local Yamaha dealer. PM me the year model and make and I can see about an owners manual or service manual for you!
It is not the OEM intake. It was replace once upon a time and a single carb was put on. I am fairly sure it had dual carbs on it mainly because it says TWIN CARB on the side in big letters. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK got that out of the way.

I am looking for a place to hook up a water hose. I have read you should be able to do this and keep the running longer than 30 secs. Any ideas on were it would be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok today was the first day I took it out. I got it in the water and it started and I pulled up to the pier to pull my truck up. When I returned it would not start. It would just turn over and over. I tried starting fluid and it would just almost crank but never fully. I put it back on the trailer and pulled it out of the water and it started up no problem. I tried this 3 or 4 times and it will crank the 1st time in the water when I put it in but on the 2nd time it will not.

any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts