Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 superjet 650 cant get the piston rings off??? any ideas? i dont want to take the engine out. i just want to change teh rings. its of a 650 superjet that was left with the plugs out. the rings fused to the bore but on releasing and stripping down i find i cant get the rings of. any ideas??? really want to leave the engine in.

many thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would love to but my costs are escalating so if i can get them off and new ones on and get it running i would prefer to do that for now as youve said to me before. but if i cant get them off then i will have to get new ones although i have another block with standard pistons also. The rings spin ann and not sure if therer are broken locators? i will look in a minute. the bore doesnt look polished. has one small burn mark where a small peice of the ring has stuck to the piston on one. The other im trying to free is the .5? larger pistons and the rebore on the other block looks quite good.
Which would you recommend. i need to keep the cost down for now. im away on holiday for a month so im gonna miss september. i would like to see if i will enjoy it. i have a lake down the road with a course where they go through the winter. i am a keen wakeboarder and go through winters so thats not an issue with me.
thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
So your saying the rings are melted into the piston. If so replace the piston too. I know you want to keep costs down but you may end up costing youself more if it does more damage. And if the piston has dropped out a locator, you cannot re-use the piston anyway. Can you use the other top end you have. If its ok, I would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts