Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help with my vxr pro. I went out riding today, and after turning it on and off throughout the day with no problems, I went to start it again and all I heard was a single click with each press of the start button. I thought maybe the battery had somehow died but I checked and it was at 12.7 volts, and it isn’t the starter or solenoid as I replaced those two weeks ago. Any help would be amazing as I am clueless at the moment.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hey guys I need some help with my vxr pro. I went out riding today, and after turning it on and off throughout the day with no problems, I went to start it again and all I heard was a single click with each press of the start button. I thought maybe the battery had somehow died but I checked and it was at 12.7 volts, and it isn’t the starter or solenoid as I replaced those two weeks ago. Any help would be amazing as I am clueless at the moment.
Sounds to me to be the solenoid. Check at starter with volt meter when you press start button. See if you get voltage. If no it's solenoid. If yes it's starter. Could also be a loose cable being you just replaced both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the solenoid and it was only putting out 6.3 volts so it seems to be the issue, but I don't want to buy a new one just to go and blow it up and start this process again, any idea why a brand new solenoid would break on the first day of use?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I checked the solenoid and it was only putting out 6.3 volts so it seems to be the issue, but I don't want to buy a new one just to go and blow it up and start this process again, any idea why a brand new solenoid would break on the first day of use?
Where did you get it from? When it comes to electrical parts I'll only use genuine Yamaha parts. The cheep aftermarket ones just won't hold up. Order from Babbittsonline.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have 2 vxr pro's. A 93 & 94. They are a blast to ride.
If you PM me your email address I can send you a pfd file of the factory shop manual for the vxr pro.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
What is the voltage at the battery when you press the start button ? Be sure and check that all grounds are tight and clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solenoid came from DB electrical, I have used them before in the past and haven't had any issues until now. I will make sure to check that the ground is good. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
Just a thought, have you checked that you can turn the engine over by hand with the plugs out to make sure something is not locked up ? Might look in the jet pump to make sure something isn't wedged in there also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts