Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New member. Just picked up a 93 vxr pro. Previous owner disconnected oil injection pump and was mixing gas. Can anyone tell me what the mix ratio is?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum.
40/1 should work fine for you. But if you find it fouling plugs work your way down to 50/1 till you don't foul them. I don't recommend going below 50/1.
I have that same ski at my lake house. Along with it's younger brother a 94. Both still oil injected.
How much of the oil system is gone? Just the pump? If you wish to go back you can probably find all needed parts on eBay. The oil systems are very reliable. The hoses to the carbs are the weak link that fail, but only if you don't maintain them.
My 2 vxr pro's have been rebuilt many times each. But still running the original oil pumps with fresh oil lines every few years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil pump is still there. It has screws in the oil lines. I guess to block them off. How could I tell if the oil pump still works?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Just noticed in your pic yours has a step mounted on the rear. Can you send a couple close up pics? I'd like to duplicate on mine. Need a pic of mountings as well. I'll fab it up out of stainless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bolt through the step has a spring on it to return it to the upright position.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Owensr,
Sorry, I missed your one post about the pump. If the pump was not removed and has been being run without oil flow through it. The pump is shot and will need replaced. They are lubed by the oil flow through them. Found several on eBay in $30 range. search "Yamaha 61x-13200-00-00" that's the pump part number for that ski.
If you intend to put system back in use I recommend a through cleaning of the tank and filter and all new hoses. Then once assembled you'll have to bleed the air from the lines. Tank to pump is easy. Pump to carb there are several options. Easiest sense you already have premix is to run it in when the fuel tank gets low.

I also have a digital copy of Yamaha manual for this ski if you'd like a copy PM me an email and I'll get it out asap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the manual!! Thank you so much!
update...I got the old girl fired up and in the pond by my house. Idles fine but as soon as you give it gas it bogs. I pulled the carb, the intake looks clean. Took the carb apart, everything seemed ok, cleaned every jet, port etc I could find. Waiting on a new gasket kit to come.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I fooled around with it last night. I was able to open it in google drive. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Cool glad you got it. My local Yamaha dealer loaded it to my thumb drive. They figured it was old enough info that it wouldn't kill them. Also if you can find a copy the clymer Manual for that yr ski they make a good pair for info. Online would be your best bet. Don't remember if I told you for parts use Babbittsonline, partzilla for factory parts. There are several other after market as well. eBay for used. With eBay look up factory part number, then search as Yamaha and part number.

For carb rebuild kits use only true mikuni kits not the cheaper after market kits. SBT sells them both ways. WSM I believe also has them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts