Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ski ran great for the first half of the summer. I went away for three weeks. I came back the ski started, I ran it for about half a mile. I hit a wake, the ski seemed to bog down and lose power then it died. I went to start it and the battery was dead. I noticed the wire had come undone. I got towed back to the dock and tried jumping it and it would turn over fine but not fire except for once or twice. I charged to batteries. Went back to the lake and tried it. Cranked a few times but seemed like the battery was week. It did this with both batteries. I have cranked it numerous times before and it never killed the battery that fast. So I hooked up a jump box and it cranked but would not start. It has gas getting to it, spark at the plugs. I noticed the injector oil hose was cracked so I fixed that. My buddy hooked up the vacuum gauge to it and said there was hardly any compression in the cyllinder closest to the rear of the machine. Will a blown head gasket cause these problems and only in one cyllinder. I really want to ride my jetski so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I took the head off and the reman engine is on its way from SBT. The oil line broke so I assume the head got to hot, the head gasket went, the cyllinder wall is all scratched, the piston is pitted to hell on top, the crank has a crack on it and a washer gave free from somewhere inside the engine. It is 15 years old and the original engine so I guess I can't complain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
get the block off plates oil and crankcase denniskirk.com$10 each and premix 40to1. After 1 tank32:1 for break in
I do not trust oil injection anymore after the oil line popped off my 750ss complete engine failure is no fun.
blocked off the 1100 zxi also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts