Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last season after a day of riding, the next day iwent to start and it fired up then died right away, have primer on craft, pumpted and would not fire up, recent top end rebuild. Got home and tried to see what up and found no spark and plugs , and no spark at wires, has recent plug wire caps, both plug wires no spark. poss. coil ?? dont know any help woud be awesome!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 93 750SX and after a hard day of riding on lake george one day i actually snapped one of the cables that goes from the battery to the electrical control box; the wire snapped off the eyelet. Check all such cables and replace as necessary, and if it still doesnt work you can get a special pen that detects electrical current, which you can use to figure out where the break in current is. If this continues to happen as it did for me stop buying the crappy 4 gauge battery cables in the store and solder you own.

PS the cables can be broken even if theyre still in one piece so double check both end of all of them for cracks or excessive corrosion, which can also do it.

Let me know if anything helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the ski cranks over but will not fire up, theres no spark at plugs. If the cable was broken that goes from the electrical box to the battery, it wont crank over. Thats the main power wire. No spark not no crank, i think i got a bad coil or stator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts