Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to switch over to mixed fuel and bypass the oil injection pump it appears that in 1994 the 657 engine went to a gear driven oil pump mounted below the carbs on the intake manifold.

My question is does this pump feed just the carbs or does it also feed engine parts?
Can I just eliminate the carb feed lines or do I need to remove the gear that drives the pump?

Thanks, Jim

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
You need to be careful with seadoo's. The oil pump also supplies oil to the rotory valve shaft. I'm looking for the correct way to do it. Ideally you should just leave it, adjust it, maintain it, and run the hell out of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again thanks. I will leave it as mfg intended and just replace all oil and gas lines with new ones. I had just seen in videos so many people replacing the Mikuni oil pump driven from the stator housing with a plate and 2 plugs that I thought it was the thing to do. Seems my 657 has a gear driven pump that from what I now have read is very dependable.

I have pumped out all the old gas & oil from the tanks...is there a recommended 2-stroke oil I should use?

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts