Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's start.
New carb kit, new fuel lines, new inline fuel filter, new fuel line inside fuel tank, clean fuel tank, then fresh new gas into tank, new spark plugs, and filled new 2 cycle oil.

Now the fun. Runs great on the trailer. Bring it to the lake. Runs good for 5 minutes on the lake. Then it dies. Won't start. Load it on trailer. Strap it down pull drain plug. Hit the starter fires back up. I'm frustrated it dies once its in the water after 5 minutes of run time. Anyone have this issue???

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your daytona should be similar to my 93 daytona. I haven’t had that issue ever, but i will try to give you my 2pennies of advice. When you have in the water for about 5 min. You might be nearing normal operating temperature which should be sensed by the temp. sensor on top of expansion chamber. I know arctic cat calls for silicone grease like the dielectric grease for electrical connections sparkplug boots etc. that you can find at auto stores to put a little bit in the temp. sensor housing first before installing temp sensor and insert a section of paperclip or thin wire along side it so air doesn’t trap between silicone grease and sensor. But a temp. sensor reading hot engine should put it in a limp mode and not shut it down. Not sure what a failed temp sensor would do, never had one fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts