Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, well im new to this forum and i need some tips to fix my 95 Polaris SLX 780, well here are the problems:

1. The first piston (which is the one near to the gas tank or the front of the jet ski) is always hot, every time i turn it on with water, it is the first one to get super hot and it never cools down. The other two pistons are cooled off with the water circulating. If anyone can help me with that would be great.

2. When i turn on my jet ski, the rpms are very low, and when i drive it on the river the jet ski does not want to go more than 3500 rpms, I would like to know whats going on with that. Also I wanted to know what are the normal rpms it should have when i don't accelerate it.

3. Im planning to change the spark plugs, I wanted to know the calibration it should have, the number they should be using, and the best brand i can use for spark plugs.

4. I wanted to know if i need to disconnect the battery every time im finished using it or not.

If anyone can answer me all these questions I would be real appreciated. Any answers would be gladly taken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
spark plugs NGK BR8ES, 3500 rpms is way too low sounds like it is running in limp mode, the computer will not let it run wide open. Three causes are low on oil, low on fuel, or overheating. My 96 has a little red light on dash that will flash when one of these happens. I only unhook battery and take it out for winter. not sure why one cylinder is overheating, question 5 iam just confused on what you asking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts