Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1994 SS XI 750 Not Firing.??????

I just traded for a 93&94 SS XI 750.Both had been setting up for a year or so. I was able to get the 93 running(had a fuel line problem).The 94 isnt firing at all. I have tried the coil,voltage regulator,igniter box,starter relay,plugs,plug wires,plug caps all from the 93 and still no fire.I have checked all wire conections I can find. Anyone know of anything else to do? Thanks !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was able to pull the flywheel cover, should I buy a new pulsar coil or is there a way to check the old one ? When I turn over the engine the lights on the gas gauge light up so is my stator good and just a bad pulsar coil?? Thanks !!

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a Kawasaki 750SS, wonderful little machine actually, I have one myself!

Have you checked you kill switch yet? It's common for those things to loose their waterproofing over the years and allow water inside and corrode the contacts. I would pull that switch apart before you tear into the engine, it's easier to get to! And then follow the wiring from the switch all the way back to the CDI and make certain that it's connected and corrosion free.

The 750ss will crank and crank and crank, but it will never start if the kill switch is active.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was jokin about the pulse seeing as the PWC is not human.:laugh:

You pulled the flywheel cover, now there is a stater not starter but stater or generater. If not that the the cdi.

What is the brand name of the machine. I dont recognize :dunno:kawasaki but not sure.
I thought you were talking about the pulsar (pick up ) coil,and I know what a stator is. Thanks !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a Kawasaki 750SS, wonderful little machine actually, I have one myself!

Have you checked you kill switch yet? It's common for those things to loose their waterproofing over the years and allow water inside and corrode the contacts. I would pull that switch apart before you tear into the engine, it's easier to get to! And then follow the wiring from the switch all the way back to the CDI and make certain that it's connected and corrosion free.

The 750ss will crank and crank and crank, but it will never start if the kill switch is active.
I have checked every wire and connection I can find.I have also checked my kill swith,when my kill switch is active my engine dosnt even spin over.I think its time to try a stator and pick up coil. Thanks !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you checked your starter? You can test it by removing it and touching the positive to the positive on the battery and just put a corner of the starter on the negative of the battery.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
Hey just in time you are a little late on this one. How is your employment situation sale pending and all? ;)
nobody has told us it is for sale
but i know it is
once we get somebody in here on how to run a shop, that will b the day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts