Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the hull-thru insert so that it can be replaced? My seal carrier bearing seized and twisted of my hull insert. I can't get the remainder of the old one out to put the new one in. In case my terminology is incorrect this is the plastic piece that the drive shaft goes through while exiting the hull.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you talking about the insert inside the hull or the plastic piece under the ski?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This would be the plastic piece inside the hull. It actually has a lip inside the hull and goes through to the underside by the pump. The bearing carrier connects to it inside the hull. Basically it looks like a round piece of PVC pipe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This would be the plastic piece inside the hull. It actually has a lip inside the hull and goes through to the underside by the pump. The bearing carrier connects to it inside the hull. Basically it looks like a round piece of PVC pipe.
I usually cut them out and epoxy the new BRASS one back in with two part epoxy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually cut them out and epoxy the new BRASS one back in with two part epoxy.
So the new one is brass? I thought the new one would be the same as the old. That sounds like a better setup. I have the end cut of that sticks out inside the hull but am not sure how to cut the part going through the hull out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the new one is brass? I thought the new one would be the same as the old. That sounds like a better setup. I have the end cut of that sticks out inside the hull but am not sure how to cut the part going through the hull out.
Well, all fxed up. The new insert actually fits inside the old one so it just stays in place. I had to epoxy the new one in. Now I just need to get the thing to start.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry Jay, didnt see your question earlier, but you did it right. Congrats!!! I should have been clearer, what I meant by cut out the old one is, cut the old one flush with the hull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts