Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently purchased a 1995 yamaha wave venture 700. It will start and idle fine, but only revs to about half throttle. I disconnected the pulse wire and it will rev like it should. When I tested the pulse coil the ohms were within tolerance.

Is there anything I am missing here? just want to be sure before I purchase a new stator for this machine.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe someone can explain how a CDI system can run without the pulser coil (red/white) connected? I thought you needed it for correct timing. In any case, if I were you I would test the pulser coil for a 4-5v signal while cranking, and test the charge coil for a 30-50v signal while cranking. If those check out, then it's probably a bad CDI. If the charge coil is bad you don't need a new stator, just the coil itself, right? Coil, Charging Yamaha 94-11 700 w/62T Motors 96 650cc 62T-85520-00-00 | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure why they run with the pulse wire disconnected either. I did put a meter on the pulse wire (white/red) from the stator with it running disconnected from the CDI. At idle I had around 20v and it would increase steadily with more RPM. Maybe I needed to leave it plugged into the wire at the CDI to see if I am getting the 4-5v signal like you are saying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts